Up and over garage door
By far the most popular style of garage door in the UK is the up and over garage door. This is a very robust, tried and tested style that uses a one-piece panel door. The door slides smoothly up and over your head and comes to rest inside the top of the garage door opening.
It is one of the most cost-effective, easy to install and smart-looking doors available. There are several benefits to choosing this type of garage door, including:
- Easy to deliver and install in one piece
- Easy to open as either a manual or electric opening
- A reliable trusted design
- Excellent weatherproofing properties
- A wide range of colours and materials
Sectional garage door
These are built-in sectional panels, hence the name sectional garage doors, that open and slide upwards, rolling back into the garage roof on horizontal rails. This style of door is ideal for automatic electric opening.
A great space-saving design if you want to make the most of the available space you garage offers. This is also a great choice if you want a higher level of security that some other styles don’t offer. The benefits include:
- Amazing security and strength
- Good insulation qualities
- Ideal for short driveways
- The vertical opening allows you to park right up against the door